Saturday, 22 January 2011

Question 7) Looking back at your perliminary task what do you feel you have learnt in the progressiong from it to the full product?

For my preliminiary task, I had to create a front cover for a school magazine aimed at all years. Throughout the process of making both of my magazines I have learnt alot about the technologies and techniques used. When making both magazines I considered the target audience and what they would want to see there were
many different responses and opinions. When creating the school magazine I did not have as much time to make a survey and collect responses on it to see what people would want in the magazine so I had to base it around what I think all years would like too see in a school magazine. I had a lot more time when creating my music magazine which meant that I could get a better idea of how to use the technology and things that were new too me I was also able to make a survey and collect responses from my target audience this made it a lot easier for me as when I was creating the music magazine I could add things that I know my target audience would enjoy because of the survey. For example In the survey for one of the questions I asked : What would you like to see in a new music magazine? the options were:
Posters, Free CD's, Gig or festival tickets, Upcoming music events, Competitions and Other. Nine out of twelve people said gig or festival tickets. To please my target audience on the front of my music magazine I put free reading tickets to be won. This would hopefully attract my audience a lot more.
The perliminiary task helped me to get more knowledge on which softwares are best to use and how magazines are layed out and structured. As I was in the age range for the audience of both my school and music magazine I could put some of my own knowledge and things that I would like to see in the magazine which made it a lot easier as I had an idea of what people my age would want too see. Now I have created two magazines using similar software and audiences I think I would find it a lot easier to make another magazine now that I know what research and how much time you have to put into the final outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment